teamocil

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Inconceivable

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means."
Ahahaha. Wow. I love the movie the Princess Bride. "Are there rocks ahead?" "If there are, we'll all be dead." "No more rhymes now, I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?"
So, I've started writing ahahah instead of hahaha, because I think it makes for a more hearty laugh. Try saying it out loud one time and you'll notice the difference.
Yesterday we went to Six Flags! So much fun, despite the incessant heat and semi-long lines. Definitely a much-needed break from real life or something like it. After riding the Texas Giant I got a glimpse into the effects of aging. The whip-lash effect, though slightly fun, caused back pain mixed with prayer for the ride to end sooner rather than later. Other than my grandma moment, I had a really good, pain-free time.
Anyway, today I did pretty much nothing. Well, nothing that would help me get a job. I spent lots of time on the internet applying for a job (not more than one), but the internet site wasn't working, so, alas, my efforts were waisted. So, logically, I decided to go get a manicure. It's ok, tomorrow I will start afresh. Aside from news about my job search....did you know that IKEA is openning tomorrow? That's right! It's only my favorite home store ever. And don't take that lightly just because I never really liked home stores. Oh cheap, Swedish furniture.
So, after watching the Princess Bride, I started thinking, hey, wouldn't it be great if the Wonder Years was on DVD? I think so. So, I checked and...no such luck. Oh well, hopefully they will soon.
You know what else is exciting? Jason Mraz is coming out with a new cd and I bought a new smelly candle. Right, so, now I'm boring myself and I think I'm going to go to sleep. Remember, tomorrow, new day, new search.
"Why are you wearing a mask? Were you burned by acid or something like that?"
"Oh no, it's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future." -- oh Cary Elwes :)

4 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you wish.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Have fun storming the castle.

He's just mostly dead.

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.

He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using.

What a great movie. Brittney, Rachel you have got to watch it.

Oh yeah, and watch out for the ROUSes. :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Buttercup: I know who you are. You're cruelty reveals everything. You're the Dread Pirate Roberts. Admit it.

Dread Pirate: With pride. What can I do for you?

Buttercup: You can die slowly, cut into a thousand pieces.

Dread Pirate: Hardly complimentary your highness. Why loose your venom on me?

Buttercup: You killed me love.

Dread Pirate: It's possible. I kill a lot of people. Who was this love of yours. Another prince like this one? Ugly, rich, and scabby.

Buttercup: No, a farmboy. Poor. Poor and perfect. With eyes like the sea after a storm. On the high seas your ship attacked and the Dread Pirate Roberts never takes prisoners.

Dread Pirate: Can't afford to make exceptions. I mean, once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people begin to disobey you and it's nothing but work, work, work all the time.

Buttercup: You mock my pain.

Dread Pirate: Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. I remember this farmboy of yours I think. This would be, what, 5 years ago? Does it bother you to hear?

Buttercup: Nothing you can say will upset me.

Dread Pirate: He died well. That should please you. No bribe attempts or blubbering. He simply said, "Please. Please, I need to live." It was the "please" that caught my memory. I asked him what was so important for him here. "True love," he replied. Then he spoke of a girl of surpassing beauty and faithfulness. I can only assume he meant you. You should bless me for destroying him before he found out what you really are.

Buttercup: And what am I?

Dread Pirate: Faithfulness, he talked of, madame, Your enduring faithfulness. Now tell me truly, when you found out he was gone, did you get engaged to your prince that same hour or did you wait a whole week out of respect for the dead?

Buttercup: You mocked me once, never do it again. I died that day. And you can die too for all I care.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Katie Moore said...

Oh my gosh! I had never heard of IKEA before until I got their catalog in the mail on Saturday! I loved it! I seriously want to plan a road trip to Frisco this weekend. (Does it bother you that we live in a city that is so big that you have to plan a roadtrip to drive across town?)

And I feel you on the princess bride thing, although I have no additional quotes to add at this time.

Oh, and you can have my jobs...either of them...as long as I still get to keep the money. You think about that, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home