teamocil

Sunday, August 07, 2005

workin' 8 to 5

Wait. That's not how the song goes. It's workin' 9 to 5. Dolly decieved us all. Tomorrow I start my temp job from 8 to 5. Hopefully they won't find out that I'm not the Spanish whiz my resume claims me to be. They'll be thrown by the skin color and freckles, sure, but hopefully I can dazzle them with my fake accent. People used to assume, just because my hair was black that I was hispanic. Now, it's not so easy. They want the stereotype, dark hair and skin, so cliche. So, this weekend I'm going to Waco for a going away party and a birthday celebration! V. excited. But, first I have to get through this week. No, not through, I won't think of it that way. Maybe I will meet some very interesting people working at the city of Garland. It's kind of weird to say I work at the city of Garland. Why doesn't it have a real name? I mean, it almost sounds like I'm being cheeky. where do you work? At the city of garland. See what I mean? Anyway, Jan's graduation party was a success. Props to the gui-tar player, Noel. I also got my hair cut this weekend, such a great experience. My stylist, Bruno, was very nice to look at and I don't think he was gay. Also, when he washed my hair he gave me a head masage. Lovely. This is why you can't skimp on haircuts. You pay the price in tears if you choose cheeply. And you don't always get a guy like Bruno, so where's the fun in that? Anyway, hopefully future posts will be filled with funny stories from my new coworkers. Real edgy, smart, witty, ahahaha stuff, not slap stick, cheap thrills, obvious comedy. If I've lost you, sorry. For now, I'm going to sleep.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Just wanted to let you know I've started using 'ahahaha.' I thought I was a trend setter. Turns out I'm just a sheep.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David-
Should HAVE been, not should OF been. And "Just typing a little TOO quick."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home