teamocil

Monday, February 13, 2006

"I think I'm gonna like it here"

I am woman, hear me...squeak?!

This weekend I moved into my new apartment! My mom and I unloaded an entire u-haul of boxes (lots of stuff that has been in storage forever) by ourselves, in the rain. That's right. Box by box, with the help of a dolly, we wheeled and carried everything through the garage and up the elevator. Several bruises and soar muscles later I was moved in. Do I feel like an independent woman who is strong and powerful?!?! Sure. Would I rather have had movers or a dad do it for me...um, yeah. But that's ok. I guess it was a bonding experience or something. Anyway several shopping trips later (for apartment stuff) I also am the proud new owner of a lovely, comfy, bed. Mmm...they deliver it next Tuesday, and I am so excited. I also have a new, soft, warm down comforter. It's my new favorite material...or is it stuffing?! Anyway it crinckles. I love it. This next place seems really fun. They're going to have a boot-camp workout available soon and there are many community activities. I'm excited to meet my neighbors and I really think you can here. It sort of feels like a dorm...only you have your own apartment, it doesn't smell, and it's not noisy. This doesn't mean I'm regressing. I'm living on my own in a new city. Cue the mary tyler moore music. I still have much unpacking to do but I'm looking forward to decorating my own place. Not sure if I mentioned it but apartment-warming gifts are accepted :) "I'm gonna make it after all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home