teamocil

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'll be home for Christmas

I'm dreaming of a ... humid, steamy Christmas. That's right, I'm spending Christmas in la Florida with the fam. Am I excited? I should be. I mean, it's Miami...south beach, tropical weather, cubans and puerto ricans all around :) When I lived in TN and we used to visit for the holidays I felt like I wouldn't feel complete until the orange clay fazed out and I saw those palm tress lining the highways. I've always imagined myself living there again, but now the image has sort of faded. I am sort of excited. I get to see my relatives and I believe there's a Disney trip in the works. I sort of have an unhealthy obsession with Disney. Strangely, it kind of feels like home. Weird how a theme park feels like home. Hey, it is the happiest place on earth, right? Maybe if I think of the worst possible scenario...it will be awesome. I've always believed in that sort of twisted logic. Anyway, I'm going to just take a deep breath, dream away the 3-hour plane ride to the sounds of a carfully-selected playlist on my ipod, slap a smile on my face, and enjoy my tropical holiday. And then, it's back to Tejas to plan the new years extravaganza. Get excited. Florida--you might just turn into something I like.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Katie Moore said...

Did you know that you can get married at Disney. I watched a special about it on the food channel the other day. I definitely think you should get married there and have the minnie-mouse hat with a veil attached. Just promise me you'll think about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home