teamocil

Sunday, November 27, 2005

get down girl go head get down

so...Thanksgiving weekend, sadly, is over. Kansas City was such a nice town with beautiful houses and lawns covered in fall leaves. mmm. We had lots o' turkey and desserts and went shopping the day after. As a result of our shopping escapes, my sister's ex-roommate bought the Kanye West cd and the gold digger song became our theme song for the weekend. silly, silly girls. After sampling the songs, we realized that Mr. West is not such a genius. The lyrics are rediculous but very good for a laugh and dancing in the car. What's my age again? --oh, but i did also buy best of blink 182. And, I saw Harry Potter and RENT! Both were great. Rent has an AWESOME soundtrack. Watching both of those movies reminded me of why I love the arts. Watching the actors on screen singing with such passion...it's incredible. It makes me think of shouting at the top of my lungs or running like Phoebe (Friends) through the park or dancing like nobody's watching or getting a big bear hug from your crush or swinging on swings in a playground or ice skating or....you get the point. I think I'm an impulsive person who is inspired easily...but I don't care. When I watched ally mcbeal, I wanted to be a lawyer. When I watch the olympics, I want to be an ice skater or gymnast. When I watch music, I wish I were a dancer. So I get excited about things...like holidays or just a tv show. It's just so wonderful to see people (even if it is fiction) so passionate about their life purpose. I want to be that way. I want to be passionate about something again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home