teamocil

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm addicted to you

So, I've recently caught the reading buzz. Something clicked inside of me after I read English as a Second Language and I started doing something I haven't done since middle school, read like there's no tomorrow. I used to get so lost in books that I would tune out from the rest of the world. It was like a drug. I would sneak a flashlight under my pillow so I could stay up late and read. I would hide my books in my desk at school and read during class (probably why I missed out on some things, like percentage). And now, with this crappy new temp job, I can read on the job and I do, but it doesn't stop there. I read walking to my car, in traffic, during my lunch break, it's insane. I feel like I've rediscovered a part of myself. And so, all of this reading prompted me to do a little writing of my own, thus this blog. I'm currently reading the second summer of the sisterhood (a sequel to the cheesy sisterhood of the traveling pants). I know, I know, it's not exactly Shakespeare, but it feeds my addiction, as it is a light read and I can pick it back up easily through stop signs or phone calls with disgruntled customers. So, subject change, let's go over some key highlights of my weekend in Waco, shall we?
This weekend I delt with a couple first, my first professional massage and my first encounter with a truly truly drunk person. Ok, maybe I'm a little sheltered. I've been around drunk people before, but this one was annoying, not funny, and relied on complete strangers (Aline and I) to take care of her. She thanked us by spilling orange juice on us, pushing me out of my chair and basically making a scene (almost falling out of the chair she pushed me out of, trying to get more alcohol, locking herself in the bathroom, etc). It was a big mess. One I never want to be a part of again. Ok, that's my little bit of crap weekend. . .now on to pure bliss.
The massage was amazing and I recommend it to anybody considering getting one. My masseus said I had a lot of tension in my back and soon enough, I agreed. I mellowed out a lot afterward. I just wanted to go home, melt into my bed and drift off to sleep. It was amazing. That reminds me, I need to go get an egg crate for my bed, what have I been waiting for?

2 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

Finally! A new entry! I missed you this weekend, girlie!

So still at the job, huh? Have they not yet realized you aren't Mexican?

If you'd like, rather than being a temp, you could dogsit for me! Cottontail is great company... :) But he does like to eat things. He tried to eat a balloon tonight, the big dummy.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Katie Moore said...

Jocelyn--

This is what I wish:

1) I wish in this reading frenzy you would pick up Kristen Billerbeck (that's B-I-L-L-E-R-B-E-C-K) so that you can start shamelessly propogating her books like I do!

2) I wish that the City of Garland would decide to utilize your skills and pay you a million dollars so that you can stay in the Garland area and come have lunch with Renee and me every day! :)

3) I wish Jan's dog would not eat balloons. My dog eats normal things like birds, squirrels, and q-tips....and visitor's sandwiches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home