teamocil

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm with stupid

So, yesterday I felt like a complete idiot. Well, not just yesterday, basically all of last week...or at least the last half. On Thursday I was pulled over by a cop. Why? Because way back in August, when I got my registration renewal sticker, I peeled off the wrong one. That's right, I peeled off the inspection sticker. So, for 6 months I've been driving around with 2 registration stickers and no one noticed. Luckily I didn't get a ticket. On Friday I was pulled over again for the same thing. This time I did get a ticket. So, not only did I have to get a new inspection, I also get to pay for a ticket for peeling off the wrong sticker. Also, I didn't have my car insurance card. Oh my. So, I must go to court with my insurance card in hand to prove that I have car insurance. So, no, I didn't get a ticket for speeding or breaking the law in any way. I got a ticket for being an idiot. :)

7 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's funny is that you decided to broadcast to the world what an idiot you are. Actually, I think it's important for you to change your wording. Rather than "I am stupid," you should say, "I did something stupid." Cuz I'm just not okay with being friends with stupid. :)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger D said...

Jan,
I know that's you, because you're the only one who reads this probably. I like to share my stupidity, so that others won't make the same mistake. Because of my story, broadcast to the MILLIONS who read it, people will think twice when they peel off their registration/inspection stickers. So take it, take another little piece of my heart...in hopes that you may avoid the same stupidity. Besides, I'm not afraid of looking stupid...it's kind of becoming my normal look.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Actually, for your information, I got my car registered in November. I thought that I would have to pay for 2 years at once. However, it turns out that if you wait long enough and manage to avoid getting a ticket, you get to just skip a year. So I saved my self a little cash. Very NOT stupid. :)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Jocelyn,
Yes that was me.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger D said...

I'm such the supersluth.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Nancy Drew!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger D said...

Dylan?! Is that you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home