teamocil

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

wa wa waaa

So my new part-time job is grading, err scoring, 4th-grade taks-test essays--one right after the other, right after the other, right after the other--for 4 hours. It gets extremely monotonous...or at least it did. Now that my sense of humor rapidly is turning into a 5 year old's the time is going by a little quicker every day...or maybe that's just the 2nd cup of coffee kicking in. I already had 5-year-old humor slightly (ex. when I'm in the gym with my sister and we're lifting weights I can't not giggle around the inner/outer buttox weight machine.) heh. I believe someone once called it the sex machine. Anyway...lately I've been hearing more about Chucke Cheese, Limited Too, Disneyland, WalMart and Six Flags that I ever wanted to know. I now am starting to unconciously overuse the words awesome, cool, fun and, of course, vomit or any of the other words to describe it: upchuck, throw up, hurl, puke, etc etc. I almost feel like a 4th grader in that room, because it's so quiet. Also guy formerly known as "inapropriate boss crush," gets agitated easily. It's almost like we're not allowed to talk.
I think that after this job I could get a job with Nickelodeon Magazine or some other children's publication, because I am getting in tune with their thought patterns.
I'd like to take the time to share some of my favorite lines thus far. Keep in mind that the prompt is, "where is your favorite place to go."

Drip drip went the tears down my cheek as I threw the flowers on my cremated cat's grave.

I had a plethora of fun.

I grabbed my food and yelled, 'come to papa' then I stuffed my face with the chicken nuggets and when I was done with the chicken nuggets stuffed all 3 cheeseburgers hole in my giant hungry mouth then said in my head "Oh yeah."

the cows yuk they smell like but.

I wich I can talk like China people

Everytime I go there I fell so hmmm mmm.

I asked, "for the pictures." she said, "ok."

I sat down in my comfortable seat and ensconced myself.

I am angry like a cat when a mice still it's cheese.

Is enormes as a dinosar about to crash a house

It was also as bouncy as a midget on a tramelene with a fat guy.

The teacher taught me about kindness and just saying no. So Malary gave us an example, "I said no when he tried to kiss me."

So I jumped as fast as I could to get her finger and finally I got to her finger and I was in her nose. I looked around to see what was in there. I liked visiting peoples nose because I like swinging on the hairs and skateboarding on the bugers.

the best thing there is my family. that's because if know one in my family was alive I wouldn't have real parents.

I walked away but the cake kept shouting, "eat me, eat me" and that is just what i did. One piece after the other I ate the creamy goodness. Then, I was full and my stomach was acheing and I felt something backfire and I learned never to eat to mouch chocolate cake or you'll be sorry.

the time it takes [to build a park] makes you give out your soul.

Oh snap look at that kite it's huge!

So, if the next time you're hanging out with me and we pass a television playing "muppet babies" or "you can't do that on television" and I start laughing at a cut-it-out type uncle-Joey-from-Full-House joke, you'll know why. On the way home I heard a Snoop Dogg song. You know that one that goes "rollin down the street smokin' (inhale) sippin on gin and juice. laid back. with my mind on my money and my money on my mind." Ahh...takes you back.

Babies of the 80s-Something Corporate
I grew up on five-alive
And transformers and slip-n-slide
Toy's R Us and Chuck-e-Cheeze
Disco out and techno in
to synthesize my favorite sin
And here I am on my knees
To get it back again

Babies of the 80's
Little girls in lycra shorts
Tented beds, nerf contact sports
My babies of the 80's
Shout it out just one more time
For the generation that was all mine

We learned to crawl on linoleum floors
Ronald Regan fought Star Wars
But he'll never be Han Solo
Students march Tienemen Square
They took him out hey that's not fair
Dad said it's good to be free
As we watched from our T.V.

Babies of the 80's
Little girls in lycra shorts
Tented beds, nerf contact sports
My babies of the 80's
Shout it out just one more time
For the generation that was all mine

We watched the wall fall down
Woke up early for Bozo the clown
MTV and Nick at Night
And I slept for the first time
Without the light
without the light
without the light

My Babies of the 80's
**Little girls in jelly shoes
got the ferris bueller blues**
My babies of the 80's
yes we could be something after all
Who knew yes we could be something after all
Who knew yes we would be something after all
Who Knew

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a 7th grade taks essay scorer last year and we had a blast laughing at the hilarious things (and stupid, too) the kids wrote about. Here are some classics:

What does a car door say? Shut! Shut!

I just wanted to grieve like a big lake.

I am deformed because I am half human, half a doll and can only move one part of my worthless body.

We paired up in groups of four.

I feel like a small tree that cannot talk.

Let me take a paragraph to explain about Basil (not a spice).

I love my mom because I love my mom.

And a few creative spellings:

pusishens=positions
odians=audience
fiveteen
pourficte=perfect
valid victorian=valedictorian

and last but not least...
pool pit=pulpit

Good times, good times. I did meet some nice people and it was a good experience overall. It was certainly entertaining.

Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home