teamocil

Sunday, October 16, 2005

living in fast forward

Wishing...
I pray...
To be in love...
On Christmas...
Because Christmas love gives me that feeling (ooh...yeah...)
Wishing...
I pray...
To be in love... (ooo...)
On Christmas... (on Christmas...)
Because everybody should be in love with somebody on Christmas (ooh...)

[JUSTIN] Last year...
Christmas...
It happened without us
I was all mixed up and confused
I didn't know what to do, baby (what to do babe)
I never thought I'd feel this way
I always thought that Christmas was a happy day
I always prayed that Santa'd pack love on his sleigh, and send it my way...

So, I was all psyched about Halloween for about 2 weeks, od-ing on candy corn and such and then my brain just skipped right through to Christmas. That's right, no listening to Thriller (my favorite halloween-esque song) or watching Casper (such a friendly ghost). So, I have to admit...I listened to Christmas songs the other day. I know, I know, EXTREMELY early. Anyway, in high school, I went through a boy bands phase. I resisted as long as I could, but as an old Mickey Mouse Club fan I just couldn't fight it. I mean, I watched the boys from the time Justin wanted to be a country singer and JC played a suffer dude on Emerald Cove. So even though I knew their lyrics were incredibly cheesy and music extremely mechanized, it was fine, because I was in high school. When your in high school, cheesy lyrics are masked by cute faces and pretty voices. So, I got out my NSync Christmas cd and shamelessly sang along. It's strange, the lyrics seemed to be embedded in my subconscious, because I suddenly knew all the words, but had no idea what I was singing. As I started examing the lyrics closely, I realized what I was singing and started laughing like a crazy person in my car by myself. Luckily, because of ear pieces with cell phones and speakerphone, I believe I successly passed off to passing traffic that I was participating in a conversation. wink wink. Anyway, I think boy bands can get away with these lyrics during the holidays, because, they're the holidays. And, as much as Christmas is commercialized, I totally buy into it. Every bit of it. Holiday drinks at Starbucks, cheesy music and movies...I'm every advertizer's dream. So, even though I now laugh, instead of swoon, as I sing along to the cheesy lyrics with an eye roll every now and then, I will keep on listening, because that's what commercialized Christmas is all about.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

What are you, a communist? It's the middle of October for crying out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home