teamocil

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"When worms have ears" -- Lisa Turtle, SBTB

"My vote is for Texas. Yes, we have tornadoes, but we don't have hurricanes (at least not in Dallas) and we don't have earthquakes" -- Jan.

I would just like to dispute this previous comment by Jan. Obviously, God wants to prove her wrong. So, now, there are hurricanes in Dallas and the first day of Fall will be a record 100 degrees. Hmmm...why exactly did I choose Texas? As I was thinking out my blog the other day, I have inspirational moments (an idea never makes it if i can't think of a title), I wished for a drizzly, dreary, new-england style day. You know, a whole day spent vegging on the couch with your best friends, take out chinese, a blanket, hot chocolate and a cheesy movie/dvd television series (ex. Felicity, Ally McBeal, The Notebook, Elf, etc.). Well, I guess I should be careful of what I wish for. My wishes are powerful! I should probably be less self-absorbed and wish for world peace or something equally important. Anyway, i was on a fall kick the other day and I went all out! I got candy corn, started listening to mellow coldplay-ish music and bought a brown sweater. Unfortunately, my efforts were wasted. :( 100 degress?! really? I shouldn't complain...hurricane, there's a hurricane. It's not really the hurricane that bothers me, it's the possible tornados...remember my tornado nightmares? There's still some good to be had because the fall lineup of shows has begun! Arrested, check. The Office, check. Gilmore Girls, check. Lost, check. All this and it's only Wednesday. Looking forward to a little Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives.
So, is anyone else disturbed by the play, "Wicked?" Aparently it's a musical that tells what happened before Dorothy dropped her house on the wicked witch of the east. very odd. Ok, well, i'm going to hit the sheets and dream lovely tornado nightmares. luckily, i never die in my dreams. if i did, that would probably be bad. goodnight :)

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Katie Moore said...

They say that if you die in your dream, you actually die in real life. So, I'm glad you usually don't die in your dreams. :) I'm scared about the tornados, too! You can wear your brown sweater on Saturday, though, supposed to be highs in the 70s! Break out the candy corn--fall is here!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

Always looking for the chance to prove me wrong, eh? That's okay. I can take it.

Hey, you know how they say if you jump off a cliff in your dreams and you don't wake up before you hit the bottom then you die? It's not true. I've hit bottom, although I had fallen off a building, not jumped off a cliff. Does that matter?

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am totally with you on the fall craze. i am privy to beautiful fall days spent reading, drinking tasty java, and enjoying good "chill" music, whatever that may be. it is my favorite time of the year. although, these hot summer days have seemed to seep into my beloved crisp fall fun. oh well, this too shall pass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home